I love that my husband has a hobby that he’s so interested in and gets so much enjoyment out of. I don’t even mind that he leaves me sometimes for days on end while he and the boys are off sorting things out and creating their latest and greatest robotics project.
There is one thing I’d like to know though…
Where’s the love for the wives and girlfriends?! HUH?? WHERE’S OUR ROBOTS?! I think it’s time us Lego Widows stood up in protest!
If they can spend countless hours making robots to drive little cars, pick up boxes and all the other cool things they do, can they not throw a robot or two our way once in a while? Let’s take the recent robot arm for example… I’m sure it could be adapted in various ways to help us out as well.
- Adding an extra hand and a little tweaking, and they’d hear the last of our pleas for back scratches and back rubs. Giving it the ability to hold one of these would add a great head massager to the mix as well. Our men would be totally off the hook!
- Giving the robot arm the ability to hold a wooden spoon and move in a more circular motion would give us a fantastic stirrer for in the kitchen. Imagine how much sooner dinner would be ready if we had a robot to stir food while we prepared other portions of the meal!
- A Fetch-Bot! I know it can be done, so why do Pixel and Bailey not have their own fetch bot? They are good little dogs, they deserve one!
- I think if I had a robot to water my plants, I’d not kill them nearly as easily! Granted, it would require me remembering to fill a reservoir BUT if we could somehow connect it to our dehumidifier, I wouldn’t have to do anything. Think of the plants people, it’s like plantocide in here!
- Two words. Window cleaning. One long arm, a cloth and it’s a done deal!
- Can robots detect dust? I mean, if they can and if they can clean windows, they can dust. Just sayin’.
- Reaching robots. Who is going to get the stuff from the top shelf when they are away? Reaching robots, that’s who!
It’s not like I’m asking for a robotic sex toy or anything. We all know they would never make us one of those because they know they’d just be making themselves obsolete… but is the rest too much to ask? We support their hobby, we make sure they have clean clothes to crawl around the floor in and food in their bellies. Don’t we deserve a little robot love too?