Well, fun for us anyway! It’s not so fun for Christiaan Van Vuuren at the moment, as he’s been in quarantine in Sydney Hospital in Australia since the end of last year. The info as of Jan 6th from his YouTube Page:
On Wednesday the 9th December I was admitted into Sydney Hospital… It wasn’t just for my protection, but also for the protection of those around me…
I was eventually let out of hospital on the 2nd Jan, but then brought back in on the 18th Jan and diagnosed with a more serious form of TB… As a result, I have been back in quarantine since the 18th Jan, and all up now I have spent 55 days on the inside of a single room in hospital…
That is a long ass time to be stuck in a room by yourself. I thought I felt isolated until I saw his story! Obviously, living in quarantine for months at a time can do your head in and instead of climbing the walls with boredom, he’s put his time to good use by making rap videos. They are as funny as hell… especially his most recent. Check it out:
Why I love this guy:
- Who doesn’t love a fit guy with a sense of humor?
- Two words – Aussie Accent.
- He does the best Wolverine ever.
- The masticate bit almost made me wet myself I laughed so hard.
- He was nice enough to reply to my PM on Facebook and added me as a friend.
- He has nice tats (although I’m not exactly sure what they are, perhaps I’ll request close ups)
- Van Vuuren? Oh that’s so Dutch.
Has anyone else noticed that at some points (like at about 25 seconds in the above video) he sort of looks like James Van Der Beek (Dawson Leary), only without the giant head?
I’m eagerly awaiting his next installment. If his previous videos are anything to go by, the next one should be a riot. I do have a few suggestions on how he could improve on his act though!
- More nudity!! (Well, if you don’t ask…)
- More imitations! He did a pretty great Wolverine and Storm Trooper and we want more. Might I suggest Edward from Twilight? Lets see you sparkle Christiaan! All you need is a mop to play Bella. If that’s too gay, maybe he could try Neo from The Matrix or something. If he can get a storm trooper helmet, a trench coat and shades would be a breeze.
- A shout out to his fans!! Something like “This one goes out to all my fans, like that chick Tammy in the Netherlands!!”
I love this guy, he makes me laugh and I love that he’s making the best out of a really shitty situation. I’d say I hope he gets well soon, but only if he promises to continue making crazy videos once he’s out. With access to the outside world, extras and endless props, who knows what sort of hilarity he could come up with.
Anyway, keep on keepin’ on, Christiaan!
Here is how you can keep up to date with him and his journey: