I had mentioned on my post about the meme from Alison that another friend had tagged me in a different one as well. It was Kara, my northern friend and weight loss buddy. She gave me a few questions and apparently I am supposed to come up with a few of my own and pass it on. I pity the people I choose because I have the whole time I’m writing this to come up with some really silly questions!
Now, on to the questions Kara left for me…
1. Where would you like to live once you retire?
This is tough one, and I think about it all the time. One part of me thinks I’d like to move back to Cape Breton once Xander retires, but … then I realize there is sweet fuck all to do there and we’d most likely die of boredom after a few years. Then I thought maybe Toronto. I loved living in Toronto, there is so much to see and do, a lot of which I didn’t see and do in the short time I was living there. So I want to go back to finish it… but, I don’t know if I want to live in a city when we retire. Perhaps just outside of Toronto. Another part of me would love to live in the south of France. Whenever we go there I fall head over heels in love with it, but then there’s that whole French thing. I think I’d like to live somewhere where I didn’t have to worry about language.
So, I think my answer is that I’m undecided. I don’t think it will be the Netherlands though… I’d want to retire somewhere that we can get more house and land for our money, with a lot to do and experience. They have the lot to do thing going for them here, but not the space.
Perhaps we’ll move to FARO!
2. What causes you to worry the most?
Right now? Children… I am not able to have children naturally and in a recent appointment with my doctor he reminded me that my clock has gone from ticking to something resembling the gong of a grandfather clock. He also mentioned some very drastic measures that may be required in order for us to ever have a child. It’s not something I want to get into on my blog now, or perhaps ever, but it is weighing heavily on my mind at the moment as we have some very serious decisions that need to be made in the near future. This has made me feel old, fat, extremely pressed for time and frightened…
3. What was your favorite toy as a child?
Probably the Happy Days pinball machine my uncle Sonny gave me when I was a kid. I felt like the bees knees with that thing in my room. How many kids have their very own pinball machine?!
4. Do you make decisions quickly and easily or do you fret over them for long periods of time?
Ha! Oh I fret, I fret the shit out of it. Then I fret about the fretting, because I feel like a big fat giant indecisive fretter!
5. What hobby would you pursue if money wasn’t an issue?
Boating! Every summer I turn green with envy for all the people here in the Netherlands who get to cruise around in their boats. I want one!! At the very least I want a friend with a boat who will take me out on it! haha
Ok, now it’s time for my five questions… What do I want to know? Hmmm…
1. Do you believe in ghosts? Why / Why Not?
2. If you are totally honest, do you consider yourself to be a gossip? If so, has it ever gotten you into trouble?
3. Is there anyone you’ve lost touch with from your past that you Google or search FB for regularly to find out about them?
4. What is your biggest passion in life? (other than your kids)
5. What is the craziest / scariest / funniest / weirdest thing you’ve ever witnessed? (Any of the above)
Ok, so maybe it wasn’t so silly… whatev.